You don’t have to be a member to benefit from our website. We wish to assist the profession with used equipment sales, job postings, and providing the latest news pertinent to our industry. CTAO sponsors annual OSHA training. You can also refer potential clients to our website for some general information on our procedures.
Benefits of CTAO and Historical Importance of Membership:
1. CTAO holds an annual meeting with trainings offered to Cosmetic Therapists and electrologists. Members receive discounts on educational events.
2. CTAO has a formed a relationship with the State of Ohio Medical Board (SMBO) that started by organizing the Cosmetic Therapy Advisory Committee. The advisory committee had members that represent our profession at board meetings and discussed continuing education programs, examination protocol, rules changes, etc. The advisory committee members were elected from committee members with review of applications. CTAO had a representative on this committee until it disbanded. We remain active with the SMBO.
3. CTAO have employed lobbyist George Dunigan for many years; Mr. Dunigan and members of CTAO has worked to protect our licensing since house bill #289 was enacted in 1985. We wished him well in his retirement in 2017.
4. CTAO led the way for Cosmetic Therapists to do laser hair removal, this was the first rule enacted in the United States to permit or license the use of lasers by electrologists.
5. CTAO has a scholarship program for a deserving person to encourage growth in our profession.
6. CTAO developed the Cosmetic Therapy Program at Lorain County Community College. It took CTAO members 5 years to get this program up and running! Unfortunately, this program is no longer offered.
7. CTAO offers educational programs, often free to members!
8. CTAO provides an annual newsletter to all CT’s in Ohio.
9. CTAO has an active website and private facebook group to enable members to have resources to pull the profession together or help supplement a client’s educational needs on our services.
10. In 2015, CTAO established Daniel Zinsmaster, Partner at Dinsmore and Shohl LLP as our association lawyer. He has helped consult us on many issues and members are welcome to bring any issues to him as he knows our field well.
11. In 2021, CTAO hired an in-house Graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator, Lauren Mlack. She has been trained on the social media marketing environment of our industry and offers our members exclusive price and services.